HEPA and HEGA Filters
MAC HEPA and HEGA Filters Plumbing Vent HEPA Filters
The MAC HEPA Filter and Housing is designed to be replaced as a complete unit and properly disposed of, including incineration for HEPA aluminum housings and other means for HEPA or HEGA stainless steel. The transportation, storage, and disposal of filters/housings must follow EPA standards for 6.2 Bio-Hazard materials. CERTEK can help with your filter/housing replacement and disposal when you utilize our Filter Change-Out Service. Please note: disposal is only available in the USA.
MAC is an acronym for CERTEK's Modular Air-Filtration Component, which is used to describe our line of filters. HEPA is an acronym for High Efficiency Particulate Air. HEGA is an acronym for High Efficiency Gas Absorption. When you combine these acronyms, you get either a MAC HEPA or a MAC HEGA, which is an air filtration component that can efficiently filter air at 99.97% at 0.30 micrometer particles at one inch water column for HEPA filters. The standards we follow to manufacture and test our filter housings with a manufacturer certified filter installed in the housing are those of the BMBL (Biosafety in Microbiological and biomedical Laboratories).
- HEPA/HEGA Filters vary in dimensions and CFM
- HEPA Filter frame and separators are made of aluminum or stainless steel
- HEGA Filter frame and separators are made out of stainless steel
- Filter Housings vary in dimensions and are made of aluminum or stainless steel
- 1/2" insulation covers the outside of a housing
- Options of 16", 12", or 8" flanges or 2" female nipples/hubs on upstream and downstream sides
- A HEPA Filter is tested by the filter manufacturer at 99.97% at 0.3 micrometer efficiency
- After a HEPA Filter is installed in the housing, the complete assembly is certified at 99.97% at 0.3 micrometer efficiency (Certification documents are provided). *
- A HEGA Filter is tested by the filter manufacturer, installed in a housing, and certified as an assembly. *
- 3/4" test/decontamination ports with caps are provided on the upstream and downstream sides, attached to the collars of the flanges
- Labels for Air Flow direction and certifications
- * After shipping and the installation of HEPA and HEGA filters in the duct system, they should be tested and certified in line to ensure that your installation has no leaks.
Check out our Filter Change-Out (FCO) and Decontamination (DCS and DCDFS) Services.
Model #: MAC-H-1212-550 (Modular Air-Filtration Component, HEPA, 12” x 12” Rated at 500 CFM.)
24” x 12” MAC HEPA Filter
Model #: MAC-H-2412-1320 (Modular Air-Filtration Component, HEPA, 24” x 12” Rated at 1000 CFM.)
24” x 24” MAC HEPA Filter
Model #: MAC-H-2424-2400 (Modular Air-Filtration Component, HEPA, 24” x 24” Rated at 2000 CFM.)
36” x 24” MAC HEPA Filter
Model #: MAC-H-3624-3720 (Modular Air-Filtration Component, HEPA, 36” x 24” Rated at 3000 CFM.)
Plumbing Vent HEPA Filters
12” x 12” MAC HEPA Filter for Plumbing Pipe Vent
Model #: MAC-H-1212-550-PV (Modular Air-Filtration Component, HEPA, 12” x 12” Rated at 500 CFM for Plumbing Vent with 2" Female Adapter.)
8” x 8” MAC HEPA Filter for Plumbing Pipe Vent
Model #: MAC-H-88-133-PV (Modular Air-Filtration Component, HEPA, 8” x 8” Rated at 133 CFM for Plumbing Vent with 2" Female Adapter.)